My professional life requires that I create and provide roadmaps, recommendations and detailed designs for a large financial institution. I released during the end of year holiday break that I have never documented my personal roadmap. My first attempt is to articulate a high-level set of goals of which I might detail in a later post.
I thought it would make sense to create ceatgories on areas that I want to improve. Below is my attempt to articulate my goals for the next twelve months in their corresponding categories:
Community & Family
- Grow the Elastic Dallas Community participation by 10%.
- Go on dates with my wife and achieve a minimum bi-weekly cadence.
- Since this might be labor intensive to track and dilute the importance by tracking, I will ask my wife to provide a pass/fail at the end of the year.
- Attend “Feed the Community” events atleast once a quarter.
- Create a blog post atleast once a month on codeless.me.
- Work with my son and daughter to revitalize our 1999 Miata.
- Repair hail damaged body panels
- Wrap body panels with voted upon color. Hoping for Riveria blue
- Take the family camping and hiking at a Texas State Park
- Play a board/card game atleast once a month a month
- Expand holiday lighting animations to orchestrate a scene.
- Attend family centric conventions such as the following:
- Aquire 5/10 available Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications.
- Modernize and update my homelab infrastructure.
- Migrate existing deployed applciations from Azure to AWS. Reduce costs by 30% for hosted solutions.
- Migrate homelab applications from virtual machine to Kubernetes.
- Read the following:
- Forget a Mentor, Find a Sponsor
- Never Split the Difference,“Execution: The Disciple of Getting Things Done.
Physical & Mental Health
- Complete the C25k and C210k training programs.
- Run an official 5k and 10k events.
- Participate in a 30 day challenge to eat a plant based diet (vegan) in an attempt to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Take a family trip to Key West, Florida as part of larger goals.
- Read the following:
- The Land: Monsters
- Fate of the Fallen
- Babylon's Ashes
- Persepolis Rising
- Tiamat's Wrath
- Run a half marathon.
- Eat a plant based diet for 80% of the year (292 days).
- Take the family to Japan or Spain as part of larger goals.
- Study and aquire the GCIH certification.
- Sutdy and aquire the CISSP certification.
- Enroll in a local university to continue my education.
Since this is my first attempt I ask that you be kind, but provide constructive feedback. I will follow-up periodically throughout the year to update on progress.